Tuesday, April 3, 2012

[Day 70] Learning Japanese?


Yep that’s right, after 70 days in Japan I’m taking my first meaningful step towards learning Japanese. OK, so buying the book is the easy bit but I am determined, I WILL LEARN SOME HIRAGANA!  

In fairness, I’ve picked up far more Japanese than I expected to but there’s a limit to how far pointing at a menu will get me in the future, sooner or later one of my guesses is bound to result in something horrible turning up on my plate! 

Japanese is an easy language to learn though… right? 

3 comments:

  1. I'm learning Spanish, which is hard enough, but Japanese? That sounds really hard. Good luck to you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been here 5 years and can still get by fine with almost zero Japanese Good luck to you. I am always impressed by anyone who speak it

    ReplyDelete